Tuesday 19 October 2010

Niseishi.

Mini-blog.

Like all of the Wado Ryu kata the dan grade Niseishi has its Shotokan counterpart; Nijushiho. The name in both styles translates as the rather uninspiring "Twenty Four Moves". Luckily whilst I have previously studies a range of dan grade kata; enpi, kankudai, bassai, jion, jitte, chinte etc I don't remember ever learning Nijushiho, making today's session from Sensei Rick Broughton with me and Alex (a 3rd dan) really enjoyable.

In all honesty there's nothing I can say about this kata that SueC hasn't already said eloquently in her blog, so I'll direct you there for the moment...

http://kickasssuec.blogspot.com/2010/02/niseishi-chinese-dragon-kata.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Suze. I found this kata very difficult to learn but once I cracked it I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love it, and have been practicing all week!

    ReplyDelete